For as long as I can remember,
I've been fascinated with structure.
I was home-schooled until high school, and upon arriving there found that I had missed years of social lessons my classmates already understood. As a result a lot of my life has been spent learning how people interact.
I also try to spend as much time as possible giving back & surfacing the stories of people who don't normally get space to tell them.
Some of the ways I do that include: mentoring/advising entrepreneurs + startups, writing, booking bands and artists for warehouse / gallery shows, and running Coffee + Creatives (a meetup + online group for creatives and creative businesses of all kinds).
My professional life has focused mostly on working in project management, product operations, and content / journalism, including things like:
- User acquisition, fast
- Customer development + early stage marketing
- Growth in 2-sided marketplace models (with some moderate technical product management of design + dev)
- Rapid development of content / content strategy, and closing the loop between product / operations and marketing
- Researching, writing, and reporting news stories
- Building out enterprise segments and managing decision maker relationships (VP and above) with Fortune 500 companies
- Quickly creating & iterating partnership workflows
- Doing almost everything you can do in a startup except for programming (though, I've taught myself enough code to work as easily with engineers as executives)